Sunday, January 31, 2010

Resolution

I'm not one for New Years resolutions. I don't think I've ever made one, or at least if I have, I can't remember ever having done so. The fact I'm making this one a whole month into the year means it's not a whim, something I have no chance of succeeding with. I've thought about this.

I've long been concerned with the amount of food the British public chucks out. I'm sure I heard one report that said we chuck away a third of the stuff we buy. That sounds a bit high, but it points out an area we can all do better in. Last week, we got a very good value pack of 24 bread rolls. With no room in the freezer, they had to stay out until room could be found. This morning, I had to chuck 19 of them away, so covered in mould are they. This is not on. I hereby resolve to chuck as little as possible away and compost that which I have to.

Check back a year from now to see how it's going.

1 comment:

ethan-etienne said...

Compost? May I reccomend wormeries, or if you aren't veggie, then try Bokashi (checkout wigglywigglers online for details).
ttfn
BXIII