Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The rise and fall of the fall and rise...

It seems that UK Gold has been rebranded, unless G.O.L.D. is a completely new thing. Anyway, I chanced upon't the other day whilst at a loose end and settled down for a couple of episodes of the iconic Fall And Rise of Reginald Perrin. It's brilliant. It was then and it is now. Leonard Rossiter was fantastic, the writing sharp and I'm eternally grateful to my dad for letting me watch it when I was a kid.
And now I hear it's to be remade. With Martin Clunes. Nothing is sacred.

Another series that was supposed to be remade recently was The Prisoner. Utterly bonkers, but I love it. Sadly, Patrick McGoohan has died today. For shame.

1 comment:

jerrychicken said...

How shameless would you have to be to be the producer who chooses to remake something like Reggie Perrin ?

It'd be like putting your hand up and admitting "Yes I'm clueless as to what to do next so I'll just use this stuff, won't need a new script or anything..."

Twats