Sunday, November 25, 2007

Very odd

Today I did something very unusual. Despite nobody asking me to, nor there being any particular need for me to do so, I went and did some work today. I guess that means it's going OK. Also, it's been nearly two weeks since I had a beer - no conscious effort involved, life's just panned out that way. Perhaps those two facts are related; I dunno.

Anyway, listening to Jerry Chicken's first podcast as I did my rounds got me thinking about all sorts of stuff. For one, I think that as my bio-degradable coffin is lowered into the earth, I'd quite like the York Salvation Army brass band to play Abide With Me. Actually, that's a bit mawkish. Play Chan Chan by the Buena Vista Social Club would do just as well. For another - Gary is wrong. It's not Bruce Springsteen's soundtrack for Philadelphia that best matches the film. The Italian Job. There's one.

Time for a musical interlude:


2 comments:

John_D said...

Changed my mind. I want Musical Communion played at my funeral.

John_D said...

Or Beck's Farewell Ride. That's the last option. Promise.