Saturday, November 03, 2007

Deals on wheels

Another new car - to me at least. The new job necessitated me getting myself some transport for business use, so I've gone for a Peugeot 306 turbo diesel. The fact it's a Peugeot makes it as good an excuse as I can think of to bring the following film to your attention - possibly the best bit of driving footage around. Ari Vatanen, a Peugeot 405 and the Pikes Peak hillclimb course back in 1988. Not that my humble tractor-engined hatchback is in the same league, or that I'm going to fling it round corners hanging off the edge of a massive cliff with only one hand on the wheel, but it should do just fine for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The rear spoiler on that has been an inspiration for the chavtastic boy racers for getting on for 20 years now.