Friday, March 02, 2007

Stuck in the middle

The ongoing spat between two irritating billionaires has left millions of cable TV customers without several Sky channels. Considering there hasn't been a reduction in my bill as a result of getting less content I'm a bit miffed, moreso that than actually losing the channels which don't carry that much I would go out of my way to see. What's even more irritating is the very public and schoolboyish* name-calling all across the media. The back page of yesterday's Guardian was an advert from Sky saying how it was all Virgin's fault. Go to where one of the channels was previously to be found and you get a ho-ho-hilarious message from the wags at Virgin saying how Sky 'took their bat and ball home'. Oh my sides.
But it'll all be alright. Why? Because the National Consumer Council are going to make a 'super-complaint'. Super.




* - Well it would be schoolboyish, but in my faded memories from school, this is more like pulling the hair of a girl you really fancy. I reckon Virgin and Sky should get a room. They protest too much.

No comments: