Wednesday, January 03, 2007

We have the technology

Toyota are about to unveil technology that detects the level of alcohol in the sweat of a driver and potentially restricts the use of a car. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
It has long been a dream of mine to have such technology and I didn't think it t be implausible. The application I had in mind was slightly different though - not that I'm saying that preventing drunk people from driving is a bad idea. If this works and takes off and gets progressively cheaper, I hope to see it employed on mobile phone keypads, so if you've had a few, you can't make inadvisable calls/send inadvisable text messages. Apply it also to computer keyboards so that folk can't make arses of themselves on messageboards, blogs and suchlike. It's for the best.

3 comments:

The Big Fat Phony said...

"folk can't make arses of themselves on messageboards, blogs and suchlike."

Whoever could you possibly have in mind?

John_D said...

Just the populous at large. Not you, Captain Paranoia.

It's for the people's own safety oh dear me yes.

Asim said...

I'm with you on the inadvisable text messaging front.

Why oh why do I do it?