Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cover versions

I don't mind a cover version. Good artists can put their own mark on a song and make it their own. Much better than those horrible bad karaoke versions churned out by non-entities that offer nothing different to the original. Here are some of my favourites in no particular order:


I only wanted to pick five, but once I got started....

Here then, are some cover versions that serve no purpose whatsoever:

  • Robson & Jerome - Unchained Melody
  • Gareth Gates - Unchained Melody
  • Anybody doing Unchained bloody Melody really. Awful song
  • Will Young - Light My Fire
  • Girls Aloud - I Think We're Alone Now (do they not realise that five of them singing 'I think we're alone now' at the same time is faintly ridiculous?)
  • Atomic Kitten - The Tide Is High (they made me hate a ska classic, the witches)
  • Madonna - American Pie (not that the original was any cop either, mind)

I may add to this list as I go along through life, but there are all totally pointless. So stop it.

No comments: