Friday, December 22, 2006

Some christmas revelling of my own

Works christmas do last night at Jongleurs comedy club in Leeds. Food - meh. Wine - gah! Beer - pfft. Still, all paid for by someone else so it ain't all bad.
Eddie Brimson compered. He was pretty good.
Some Aussie bloke with a moustache was on first. He was.... OK I suppose.
A feller from Oldham was on second. He was pretty funny.
The fact I can't remember these guys names tells you everything you need to know about the quality of their respective acts.
Headlining was Junior Simpson. I remember when Juinor Simpson first broke on to the comedy scene about 9 years ago. And he's still using the same material. And it wasn't that good in the first place.
Left to get a train about half eleven. The next train would have been at about 1.15. I didn't fancy another 2 hours there. I shall do the rest of my revelling with friends and family.

2 comments:

Gary said...

That fella from Oldham, it wasn't, you know, that fella from Oldham was it ?

Not with his sense of humour surely ?

John_D said...

:)
No, not that feller. Some other one.